Monday 5 September 2011

Decidual Casts

Decidual casts... frankly,they're disgusting. They're also rubbery, soft, stretchy little bits of tissue. When I had one, I was extremely alarmed, a little concerned, and very confused. My first thought was that my labia (the little lips) had fallen off. I'm not even kidding. Then I proceeded to check and see if my labia was still intact, and it was, and that relieved my panicking a little bit. Still though, there was this thing in my pad that I has no idea what the f*&% it was. I wrapped the thing in saran wrap, then a paper towel, then put it in a plastic bag with every intention to take it to the doctor, but I ended up just forgetting about it in my purse (yuck), threw the whole thing out a few months ago, and didn't learn until yesterday what the heck the thing actually was. I know now that it is called a "decidual cast", and that it was just a piece of my uterine lining that was shed along with blood and stuff while I was on my period. I found out they're actually pretty common, and that some girls freak out when they get one because they think they've just had a miscarriage. Well girls, worry not, because it's perfectly normal if you find this rubbery looking thing in your pad while you're on your period. You most likely haven't had a miscarriage, and probably just shed a bit more of your uterine lining than you usually do. And sorry if I provided too much information about myself in this blog, but perhaps my experience might help others. The end.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I got my first this morning and freaked out! Glad to know what it is now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My period came yesterday with mild cramps. I have passed 2 of these last night and had severe lower belly & back pain. I couldn't sleep last night bcz of pain. But i was feeling better in morning and passed the smaller 1 just now. I was so scared last night. and i spent nearly 1.5 Hrs looking for what went wrong last night. Why the blood lot was large and part of it were white. I am glad I came through this and the picture did help. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete