Wednesday 7 September 2011

Stress Periods

So I think I may be experiencing what is known as a "stress period" right now. It also could just be my seasonale being silly and making me spot (for those of you who are unaware, seasonale is a type of birth control that is so gracious to let me only have my period 4 times a year). Whatever the case, I definitely have been under a lot of stress lately.

According to the experts, regulation of the menstrual cycle (I'm going to be a linguistic feminist here and ask why the word 'menstrual' has the word 'men' in it) is attributed to a hormonal balance within our bodies. The bodies reaction to stress changes the level of many of these hormones. The most common type of stress period is the missed period or late period, but getting your period early because of stress is also a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment